Saturday 31 May 2008

A trip out to Jekka's Herb Farm

Yesterday I navigated the numerous junctions of the Bristol Ring Road and hastened a short distance northwards to an open day at Jekka's Herb Farm. Jekka has been growing organic herbs really very well for what seems like forever and has just won a 13th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show. It's a mail order nursery but has two sets of open days a year one, around about nowish and one at the end of the summer.

My reason for going was to stock up on some organic herbs to use as foliage, plants like mint ( I bought 7 different varieties) will do really well on our damp, heavy soil and hopefully will spread vigorously and produce lots of aromatic leaves and pretty flowers.

I was trying to be disciplined in choosing herbs only suited to my purpose but I succumbed to an irresistibly beautiful cream coloured French Lavender It would hate to be planted up at the farm so I'll put it in a pot and gaze adoringly at it.

Jo x